Gunpla Weathering Contest 1.0! (GWC1.0)
1. A follower of Gundam Beginner's blog/ Facebook page.
2. Bandai Gunpla model kits - Any range e.g. NG / SD / HG / MG / RG / PG
- Resin conversions for Bandai Gunpla kits are allowed.
- Full resin kits are not allowed.
- Modifications are allowed.
- Painting is not a must.
- Waterslides decals are allowed.
3. Every entry must send an email with a photo of the kit (or new parts in box) with a handwritten paper of date, name(or nickname of FB so I may blog your entries and WIPs in my blog) and GWC1.0 on it, by 27th May 2013 *updated
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "GWC1.0 entry" email title.
- Kits can be snap fitted but no changes maybe done in the photo.
- Resin conversions can be cleaned, sanded, etc. but not started with any paints.
- Entry photos are used to verify that the project was not started before this blog post is posted.
- If in any doubt, send the photo with "GWC1.0 enquiry" email title.
- on 28th May 2013, successful entries will be blogged here.
4. Entry kits must be a weathered kit: (you only need to achieve one)
- Seasoned or otherwise affected by exposure to the weather.
- Battle damaged
5. Contest will run until 12th July 2013. Winners will be nominated 19th July 2013. *update
- You can enter more than one kit.
6. For dioramas builders,
- Base, scenes are not within judging criteria.
- Each kits are counted as separate entries, Rule no.3 applies, enter contest separately.
7. Please do email me at least 3 WIPs photos(with or without descriptions) during contest period so I can blog it. Let us know what you are doing! *update
8. Have Fun!
8. Have Fun!
Each criteria weighs 20% and adds up to 100% in total
- Nub removal
- Seam line treatment
- Weathering scale awareness (remember your model's scale)
- Weatheirng techniques
- Overall appeal
1st - MG Jesta
2nd - RG Destiny
3rd - HG FA Unicorn
Lupe's pick - HG Banshee Norn.
(prizes are proudly sponsored by Syd, Lupes)
*includes shipping to worldwide; but not tax.*
Are you weathered?!